How do I compile a UVM TB

Posted 5 months ago by George Karagatchliev

Post a topic
Answered
G
George Karagatchliev

My UVM TB does not compile.

`include "uvm_macros.svh" generates an error and VSC does no understand any of UVM's syntax.

"The following include files were not found in the include search path:    

design\design.svh:10:1    uvm_macros.svh    "

I read that you say: "DSim ships with UVM-1.1b, UVM-1.1d and UVM-1.2." which makes me believe is should be possible.

Are there any switches that needs to be toggled for the tool to pick up UVM during compile? 

I see that you have Libraries where the $STD_LIBS gets pulled. Is this the place where UVM needs to be specified?

0 Votes

S

Shaun Luong posted 5 months ago Admin Best Answer

Hot off the press is this article on How To: Use UVM in DSim Desktop:

https://help.metrics.ca/support/solutions/articles/154000154284-how-to-use-uvm-in-dsim-desktop

1 Votes

7 Comments

Sorted by
S

Shaun Luong posted 5 months ago Admin

Hot off the press is this article on How To: Use UVM in DSim:

https://help.metrics.ca/support/solutions/articles/154000154925-how-to-use-uvm-in-dsim

0 Votes

S

Shaun Luong posted 5 months ago Admin Answer

Hot off the press is this article on How To: Use UVM in DSim Desktop:

https://help.metrics.ca/support/solutions/articles/154000154284-how-to-use-uvm-in-dsim-desktop

1 Votes

S

Steps 2 and 3 refer to the  How To: Use UVM in a Simulation article, as stated in my previous post. Please read it carefully. All referenced articles are hyperlinked for your convenience.

DSim commands only work from  the DSim Desktop terminal, unless you want to use DSim Outside of DSim Desktop. Again, all referenced articles are hyperlinked for your convenience.

There is much more documentation in our Solutions knowledge base than just the Tutorial: DSim Desktop.

0 Votes

G

George Karagatchliev posted 5 months ago

To clarify, I tried to use the commands in a simulation that I know compiles using the GUI, but maybe I am missing a critical piece of information. How exactly do you run commands in Terminal ?

When I tried to run this command:
 ] dsim -genimage image 'design\fifo.sv'

I get the error:

dsim : The term 'dsim' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name.

Do you have an instruction on how to make Terminal understand CLI commands that I am missing?

0 Votes

G

George Karagatchliev posted 5 months ago

Thank you for your answers!

I am following this set of instructions: Tutorial: DSim Desktop : Support (metrics.ca) 

When you say: "command option in step 2 did you mean from the tutorial above? It does not align with the contents. Maybe you refer to some other place in the documents that I don't get. Will you reply with a link?

Is there a flow for compile/simulate with CLI that I can refer to? You mentioned some, but they are not in this tutorial. 

0 Votes

D

David Jones posted 5 months ago Admin

In addition to what Shaun posted, you will need -uvm 1.2 on your analysis command line. You can add this when configuring your files.

0 Votes

S

An article for simulating UVM designs from within DSim Desktop has yet to be written, but you should be able to do it by following the procedure in the How To: Use UVM in a Simulation article, which applies to DSim Cloud.

If you're using a DSim Desktop project, take the command option in step 2, 

-genimage image -uvm <uvm_version> ...

as the Options for the first Simulation Configuration, and the command option in step 3,

-image image -uvm <uvm_version> +UVM_NO_RELNOTES +UVM_TESTNAME=...

as the options for the second Simulation Configuration. Run the first Sim Config, then the second Sim Config.

If you're running DSim commands from the DSim Desktop terminal, precede those command options with `dsim`.

Our Solutions knowledge base contains many articles on how to use DSim Desktop and can be easily searched.

1 Votes

Login to post a comment