code coverage causes to crash

Posted 4 months ago by Deniz Güzel

Post a topic
Answered
D
Deniz Güzel

Working dsim verification environment crashes when I gave the flag called "-code-cov a". Before giving that coverage flag it compiles and simulates perfectly. The crash comes from CGModule.cpp line 354. There is a assert statement that fails and crashes program with flag "=F:[Crash]". The verification environment includes nothing special or too complicated. It includes standard UVM components and trans_items plus RAL model with frontdoor and backdoor access to check how dsim works with RAL model. Design is SystemVerilog. Detailed log file can be found inside attachments. Configuration of project can bee from dpf file which is given below :

# Note: The contents of this file are automatically generated.

# Any changes made by hand may be overwritten.

version: '0.2'

work_dir: .

design_root_dir: .

simulations:

- name: run_regTest

options: >-

-top uvc.tb_top -L dut -L uvc +acc+b -waves waves.mxd -uvm 1.2

+UVM_NO_RELNOTES -sv_seed 365 -code-cov a

source_files:

- language: verilog

path: ./design.sv

library_name: dut

options: '-timescale 1ns/10ps'

- language: verilog

path: ./flist

library_name: uvc

options: '-uvm 1.2 +incdir+dir[+./.]'

file_list: relative-to-file

library_search_paths:

- $STD_LIBS\ieee93

I am using Windows 11 and Dsim version is 20240422.0.0

Attachments (1)

0 Votes

D

David Jones posted 4 months ago Admin Best Answer

This is a known issue. The current release will crash if you attempt to instrument the UVM library for code coverage.

Assuming you don't want to cover your testbench, a workaround is to instrument the RTL only. This can be done with -code-cov a -code-cov-scope-specs <file>. Example of a coverage specs file:

# Example code coverage specs: enable block coverage on DUT only
path tb.dut +b

0 Votes

4 Comments

Sorted by
S

Shaun Luong posted 4 months ago Admin

@Deniz I have moved your post to DSim / Coverage as requested. I'll follow up with David to see when this known issue will be fixed.

1 Votes

D

Deniz Güzel posted 4 months ago

@David And also unfortunately I did open this case under wrong section and I can not change the scope of this case. That would be awesome if you carry this case under Dsim/coverage to build better forum. Thanks again and sorry about misplaced case opening.

0 Votes

D

Deniz Güzel posted 4 months ago

@David thanks for the answer I am closing the case.

0 Votes

D

David Jones posted 4 months ago Admin Answer

This is a known issue. The current release will crash if you attempt to instrument the UVM library for code coverage.

Assuming you don't want to cover your testbench, a workaround is to instrument the RTL only. This can be done with -code-cov a -code-cov-scope-specs <file>. Example of a coverage specs file:

# Example code coverage specs: enable block coverage on DUT only
path tb.dut +b

0 Votes

Login to post a comment